|Phone||050 6213275 - 328 9049978|
|Research Gate Link||www.researchgate.net/profile/Giulio_Masetti|
|Altro Link Web||iggnew.igg.cnr.it/igg2015v2/index.php/it/70-sedi-e-uos/area-cnr-pisa-sede/cv-sede/120-masetti-info|
- Degree in Geological Sciences (University of Pisa, 1999) defending a thesis in applied geomorphology.
- Scholarship in geology and geomorphology (University of Siena, Department of Earth Sciences) from 2000 to 2003.
- Research grant at the CNR Institute of Geosciences and Earth Resources (IGG) for the “Realization, management and implementation of geothematic databases in GIS environment” from 2006 to 2010.
- CNR Technologist since 2010.
Since 2005 operates as GIS expert in applied research projects aiming to water resource protection and land conservation.
Main activities are:
- geometric and hydrostructural characterization of geological bodies hosting aquifers (“reservoir”) through interpretation and correlation of litostratigraphic and geological-structural data;
- development of methodologies aimed at building hydrostructural 3D solid models for the estimation of the groundwater resource contained in aquifers and the implementation of numerical flow models;
- analysis of deposits, landforms and geomorphological processes related to slope, river and coastal dynamics aimed at assessing the degree of geological hazard;
- analysis of relationships between gravity morphogenesis and neotectonic evolution, especially referred to deep-seated gravitational slope deformation (DSGSD).
- design, development and maintenance of geothematic and project databases; design and preparation of the relative cartography
- Head of the CNR-IGG “GIS, Cartography and Remote Sensing” Laboratory (LabGIS).
- Scientific coordinator and CNR-IGG technical referent of applied research projects concerning the implementation, management and maintenance of the Tuscany Region geological, geomorphological and hydrogeological databases.
- Coordinator of a scientific collaboration agreement between CNR-IGG and Terrelogiche srl.
- From 2008 to 1010 has been CNR-IGG scientific coordinator of research projects concerning the realization of the Tuscany Region slope stability map.
- In 2004 has participated in the CNR S.C.A.I. Project (Study of Unstable Inhabited Centers) and from 2007 to 2010 has cooperated with the Emilia-Romagna Region Soil Defence Survey for providing the stability analysis of some inhabited centers.
- From 2000 to 2004 has taken part both in C.A.R.G. national project for the realization of the new Italian Geological Map in scale 1:50.000 (sheets 249, 251, 260 and 266) and in geological and geomorphological 1:10.000 regional cartography projects (Marche and Tuscany regions).
- Masetti G., Da Prato S., Menichini M, et al. (2017) – Dal modello concettuale al modello numerico: il caso di studio del sistema acquifero di Follonica (GR, Toscana meridionale). Rend. Online, Soc. Geol. It., Vol. 42 (2017), pp-54-58, 3 figs. (doi:10.3301/ROL.2017.13)
- Menichini M., Da Prato S., Doveri M., Ellero A., Lelli M., Masetti G., Nisi B., Raco B. (2015) – An integrated methodology to define Protection Zones for groundwater-based drinking water sources: an example from the Tuscany Region, Italy. Acque Sotterranee – Italian Journal of Groundwater, Vol. 4, n. 139, 21-27.
- Raco B., Buccianti A., Corongiu M., Lavorini G., Macera P., Manetti F., Mari R., Masetti G., Menichetti S., Nisi B., Protano G., Romanelli S. (2015) – GEOBASI: The geochemical Database of Tuscany Region (Italy). Acque Sotterranee – Italian Journal of Groundwater, Vol. 4, n. 139, 7-18.
- Masetti G., Ottria G., Ghiselli F., Ambrogio A., Rossi G., Zanolini L. (2013) – Multidisciplinary Study of the Torrio Landslide (Northern Apennines, Italy) in: C. Margottini et al. (eds.), Landslide Science and Practice, Vol. 1, DOI 10.1007/978-3-642-31325-7_23, # Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2013.
- Doveri M., Nisi B., Cerrina Feroni A., Ellero A., Menichini M., Lelli M., Masetti G., Da Prato S., Principe C., Raco B. (2012) - Geological, hydrodynamic and geochemical features of the volcanic aquifer of Mt. Amiata (Tuscany, Central Italy): an overview. Acta Vulcanologica, 23 (1-2), 2011 / 24 (1-2), 2012, 51-72.
- Cerrina Feroni A., Da Prato S., Doveri M., Ellero A., Lelli M., Marini L., Masetti G., Nisi B. & Raco B. (2010) – Corpi idrici sotterranei della Val di Cecina. Editore Manetti P., Memorie descrittive della Carta Geologica d’Italia, vol. LXXXIX, pp. 99.