Sonia La Felice
- 2004 - Degree in Geology at University of Palermo (summa cum laude)
- 2009 - PhD in Geochemistry at Dept. of Chemistry and Physics of the Earth, University of Palermo, in collaboration with Laboratoire des Sciences du Climat et de l’Environnement (CNRS-LSCE), France
- 2009-2010 Postdoc fellowship at National Institute of Geophysics and Volcanology (INGV) - Pisa (Italy). Study of interaction between magmas with different volatile content, through compositional and textural analysis of products of recent activity of Stromboli"
- 2011- Senior technician of environmental monitoring and territorial management
- 2012-2022 Post-doc research grants at CNR IGG (National Council of Research-Institute of Geosciences and Georesources) of Pisa
- 2022 Researcher at CNR IGG (National Council of Research-Institute of Geosciences and Georesources) of Pisa
- Geochemistry and petrology of igneous rocks: crystal-liquid equilibria, mixing/mingling, shallow magmatic systems, magmatic processes and eruption dynamics
- Geological mapping, volcano-stratigraphy and geochronology of volcanic sequences
- Hydrothermal mineralization in geothermal areas
- Rheology and emplacement modality of silicic magmas
- Archeomagnetic dating of rock and furnaces for the reconstruction of the Geomagnetic Secular Variation Curve of the last 10 Ka
- Microstratigraphic coring method to the reconstruction of paleo-environments.
AWARDS AND INVITATIONS
- 2009 – “A. Rittmann prize” for young researchers to the Conference A. Rittmann "The Italian Volcanology: current status and future prospects"
Regional project LAMMA-CNR agreement for study volcanology and production of a monography of Mount Amiata volcano
Project VEGEO funded by the National Park of Vesuvius
Project: An alternative eruptive scenario at Vesuvius - (DPC-INGV 2012-2021. Project V1 –Vesuvio)
Dissemination: organization of seminars, exhibition and educational workshops
- La Felice S., Abebe T., Aquino A., Landi S., Lezzerini M., Principe C. (2019) - Geological and cultural heritage: Dissemination experiences in tuscany, Heritage, Volume 2, Issue 3, Pages 2171 - 2182, September 2019
- Landi, P., La Felice, S., Petrelli, M., Vezzoli, L.M., Principe, C.(2019) - Deciphering textural and chemical zoning of K-feldspar megacrysts from Mt. Amiata Volcano (Southern Tuscany, Italy): Insights into the petrogenesis and abnormal crystal growth. Lithos 324-325, pp. 569-583
- S. La Felice, D. Montanari, S. Battaglia, G. Bertini, G. Gianelli (2014) - Fracture permeability and water–rock interaction in a shallow volcanic groundwater reservoir and the concern of its interaction with the deep geothermal reservoir of Mt. Amiata, Italy. Journal of Volcanology and Geothermal Research 284 (2014) 95–105
- S. Scaillet, S.G. Rotolo, S. La Felice and G. Vita-Scaillet (2011) - High-resolution 40Ar/39Ar chronostratigraphy of the post-caldera (<20 ka) volcanic activity at Pantelleria, Sicily Strait, Earth and Planetary Science Letters, vol. 309 Issue 3-4, 280-290
- S. La Felice, P. Landi (2011) - The 2009 paroxysms at Stromboli: magma mixing and eruption dynamics, Bulletin of Volcanology, DOI 10.1007/s00445-011-0502-z