Sonia La Felice
- 2004 - Degree in Geology at University of Palermo (summa cum laude)
- 2009 - PhD in Geochemistry at Dept. of Chemistry and Physics of the Earth, University of Palermo, in collaboration with Laboratoire des Sciences du Climat et de l’Environnement (CNRS-LSCE), France
- 2009-2010 Postdoc fellowship at National Institute of Geophysics and Volcanology (INGV) - Pisa (Italy). Study of interaction between magmas with different volatile content, through compositional and textural analysis of products of recent activity of Stromboli"
- 2011- Senior technician of environmental monitoring and territorial management
- 2012 - today - Post-doc research grants at CNR IGG (National Council of Research-Institute of Geosciences and Georesources) of Pisa
- Geochemistry and petrology of igneous rocks: crystal-liquid equilibria, mixing/mingling, shallow magmatic systems, magmatic processes and eruption dynamics
- Geological mapping, volcano-stratigraphy and geochronology of volcanic sequences
- Hydrothermal mineralization in geothermal areas
- Rheology and emplacement modality of silicic magmas
- Archeomagnetic dating of rock and furnaces for the reconstruction of the Geomagnetic Secular Variation Curve of the last 10 Ka
- Microstratigraphic coring method to the reconstruction of paleo-environments.
AWARDS AND INVITATIONS
- 2009 – “A. Rittmann prize” for young researchers to the Conference A. Rittmann "The Italian Volcanology: current status and future prospects"
Regional project LAMMA-CNR agreement for study volcanology and production of a monography of Mount Amiata volcano
Project VEGEO funded by the National Park of Vesuvius
Project: An alternative eruptive scenario at Vesuvius - (DPC-INGV 2012-2021. Project V1 –Vesuvio)
Dissemination: organization of seminars, exhibition and educational workshops
S. La Felice, D. Montanari, S. Battaglia, G. Bertini, G. Gianelli (2014) - Fracture permeability and water–rock interaction in a shallow volcanic groundwater reservoir and the concern of its interaction with the deep geothermal reservoir of Mt. Amiata, Italy. Journal of Volcanology and Geothermal Research 284 (2014) 95–105
S. Scaillet, S.G. Rotolo, S. La Felice and G. Vita-Scaillet (2011) - High-resolution 40Ar/39Ar chronostratigraphy of the post-caldera (<20 ka) volcanic activity at Pantelleria, Sicily Strait, Earth and Planetary Science Letters, vol. 309 Issue 3-4, 280-290
S. La Felice, P. Landi (2011) - The 2009 paroxysms at Stromboli: magma mixing and eruption dynamics, Bulletin of Volcanology, DOI 10.1007/s00445-011-0502-z
S. La Felice, P. Landi (2011) - A spatter-forming, large-scale paroxysm at Stromboli Volcano (Aeolian Islands, Italy): insight into magma evolution and eruption dynamics - Bulletin of Volcanology, doi:10.1007/s00445-011-0476-x
P. Landi, E. Marchetti, S. La Felice, M. Ripepe, M. Rosi, (2011) - Integrated petrochemical and geophysical data reveals thermal distribution of the feeding conduits at Stromboli. - Geophysical Research Letter - 38, L08305 - doi:10.1029/2010GL046296