Andrea Irace was born on 26 September 1974 in Torino, Italy.
- 2001: graduated in Geologic Sciences at the University of Torino.
- 2002: Qualification for Geology Profession at the University of Torino.
- 2005: PhD in Earth Sciences at the University of Torino.
- 2005-2008: contract Researcher at National Research Council (CNR IGG, Torino).
- 2009 up to now Researcher at National Research Council (CNR IGG, Torino).
- Relationships between tectonics and sedimentation in syn-orogenic basins.
- Application of seismic stratigraphy and sequence stratigraphy to the hydrogeolgical exploration of the Western Po Plain area.
- Geological mapping, stratigraphy, sedimentology and basin analysis of the Langhian to Pliocene successions in the Piedmont Basin.
- Facies analysis and bio-magnetostratigraphy on Piacenzian-Gelasian continental deposits of the Piedmont Basin.
- Stratigraphic analysis of large-scale chaotic sedimentary units.
- Geological modelling for georesources management and geo-economic risk assessment, as partner of the Gi-RES srl, spin-off company of the CNR-IGG.
- 2001-2012: geological field-surveyor and member of the scientific editorial staff for the geological mapping of n. 156 "Torino Est" and n.194 "Acqui Terme" sheets of the Geological Map of Italy at the 1:50000 scale (CARG Project);
- 2005-2007: director of stratigraphic and sedimentological studies for the research program “Reconstruction of the geological-structural framework for the hydrostratigraphic characterization of Western Po Plain”;
- 2008: PRIN-COFIN “High-resolution stratigraphy, palaeoceanography and palaeoclimatology of the Tertiarìy Piedmont Basin during the Messinian salinity crisis" Scientific Coord. Prof. Marco ROVERI; Resp. for the Torino Research Unit Prof. Donata VIOLANTI;
- 2009-2010: director of stratigraphic analysis and 3D modelling of fresh-water aquifers “Prato-Firenze-Pistoia” for the research program “Geological, hydrogeological and hydrogeochemical characterization of Major Aquifer Bodies of Tuscany”. Regione Toscana-CNR project;
- Since 2011: adviser on the syn-orogenic successions of the Tertiary Piedmont Basin, and manager of a collaboration agreement with ENI, in the frame of the geological mapping project “Geological map of the Regione Piemonte at the scale 1:250.000 (ARPA Piemonte)”;
- 2013-2014: Geological mapping in the Eastern High Atlas (Morocco), in the frame of the geological mapping project GeoMap-GeoMine-SELCA- Morocco Government;
- 2014-2015: director of stratigraphic and structural analyses for the “assessment of feasibility of a exploitation deepening in the Costiolo limestone quarry (Bergamo, Italy)”. Professional consulting agreement between Unicalce spa, GiRES spin-off srl and CNR IGG;
- 2016: director of stratigraphic analyses for “the assessment of pollution effects of inert on aquifers in the northern Alessandria Plain”. Professional consulting agreement between COCIV (Linea Ferroviaria AV GE - MI "Terzo Valico dei Giovi"), GiRES spin-off srl and GDP consulting;
- 2016-present: Geological mapping in the frame of “Recent tectonic evolution of the Regione Piemonte”. IGG-CNR and UNINS- DISAT (Dipartimento di Scienza e Alta Tecnologia dell’Università degli Studi dell’Insubria).
- Frigerio C., Bonadeo L., Zerboni A., Livio F., Ferrario M.F., Fioraso G., Irace A., Brunamonte F., Michetti A.M. (in press). First evidence for Late Pleistocene to Holocene earthquake surface faulting in the Eastern Monferrato Arc (Northern Italy): Geology, pedostratigraphy and structural study of the Pecetto di Valenza site, Quaternary International (2017), http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.quaint.2016.12.022.
- Irace A., Monegato G., Tema E., Martinetto E., Gianolla D., Vassio E., Bellino L., Violanti D. (2015). Unconformity-bounded stratigraphy in the Plio-Pleistocene continental record: new insights from the Alessandria Basin (NW Italy). Geological Journal, DOI: 10.1002/gj.2744.
- F. Dela Pierre, E. Bernardi, S. Cavagna, P. Clari, R. Gennari, A. Irace, F. Lozar, S. Lugli, V. Manzi, M. Natalicchio, M. Roveri, D. Violanti (2011) The record of the Messinian salinity crisis in the Tertiary Piedmont Basin (NW Italy): the Alba section revisited. Palaeogeography, Palaeoclimatology, Palaeoecology, 310, 238-255. ISSN: 0031-0182, doi: 10.1016/j.palaeo.2011.07.017.
- Dela Pierre F., Festa A., Irace A. (2007) Interaction of tectonic, sedimentary, and diapiric processes in the origin of chaotic sediments: An example from the Messinian of Torino Hill (Tertiary Piedmont Basin, northwestern Italy). Geological Society of America Bulletin, 119, 1107-1119. ISSN: 0016-7606, doi: 10.1130/B26072.
- Irace A., Dela Pierre F., Clari P (2005). Normal and chaotic messinian successions at the North-eastern margin of the Langhe domain, Tertiary Piedmont Basin. Bollettino della Società Geologica italiana, vol. spec. 4, 77-85. ISSN: 0037-8763.