|Research Gate Link||www.researchgate.net/profile/Assunta_Donato|
- 2005 High school leaving qualification in classical studies
- 2009 Bachelor’s Degree in Analysis and Management of Natural and Anthropic Risks, University of Messina vote 110/110 cum laude
- 2011 Master’s Degree in Geological Sciences and Technologies, University of Pisa, vote 110/110 cum laude
- 2017 Ph.D. in Earth Sciences, University of Florence
- 2013 - 2021 Research Fellow at Institute of Geosciences and Earth Resources (CNR-IGG), Pisa
- 2022 - present Researcher at Institute of Geosciences and Earth Resources (CNR-IGG), Pisa
- Geochemical survey aimed at identifying and characterizing the geothermal resources
- Regulatory framework and authorization processes in geothermal fields
- Environmental impact related to exploitation of geothermal resources
- Geochemical survey (sampling and analyses on water and gas) aimed at characterizing the geothermal resources (Ph.D. program);
- Collection and organization of geochemical data for the upgrade and extension of the National Geothermal Database, managed by the Italian National Research Council;
- Mapping the geochemical parameters for identifying potentially geothermal areas, using spatial analyst tools in GIS environment;
- Report on geothermal laws and regulations (including permitting and administrative processes);
- Contribution to 3D geological modeling using software PETREL;
- Contribution to geothermal potential and favourability mapping;
- Contribution to creating, publishing and updating the content of project websites (VIGOR and Geothermal Atlas projects)
- Contribution for compiling reports about regulatory, social and environmental aspects related to geothermal energy (Geothermal ERA-NET and GeoElec projects);
- Nextdata Project Manager;
- Dissemination: organizations of seminars and workshops.
- A. Donato, F. Tassi, G. Pecoraino, A. Manzella, O. Vaselli, E. Gagliano Candela, A. Santilano, L. La Pica, C. Scaletta, F. Capecchiacci, 2021. Geochemical investigations of the geothermal systems from the Island of Sicily (southern Italy). Geothermics 95 (2021) 102120.
- A. Minissale, A. Donato, M. Procesi, L. Pizzino, S. Giammanco, 2019. Systematic review of geochemical data from thermal springs, gas vents and fumaroles of Southern Italy for geothermal favourability mapping. Earth-Science Reviews, 188 (2019) Pages 514–535.
- A. Manzella. R. Bonciani, A. Allansdottir, S. Botteghi, A Donato, S. Giamberini, A. Lenzi, M. Paci, A. Pellizzone, D. Scrocca, 2018. Environmental and social aspects of geothermal energy in Italy. Geothermics 72 (2018) Pages 232–248.
- A. Santilano, A. Donato, A. Galgaro, D. Montanari, A. Menghini, A. Viezzoli, E. Di Sipio, E. Destro, A. Manzella, 2016. An integrated 3D approach to assess the geothermal heat-exchange potential: The case study of western Sicily (southern Italy). Renewable Energy, 97 (2016) Pages 611-624.
- E. Trumpy, S. Botteghi, F. Caiozzi, A. Donato, G. Gola, D. Montanari, M.P.D. Pluymaekers, A. Santilano, J.D. van Wees, A. Manzella, 2016. A new systematic approach applied in southern Italy. Energy 103 (2016) Pages 167-181.
- E. Trumpy, A. Donato, G. Gianelli, G. Gola, A. Minissale, D. Montanari, A. Santilano, A. Manzella, 2015. Data integration and favourability maps for exploring geothermal systems in Sicily, southern Italy. Geothermics, 56 (2015) Pages 1–16.