|Research Gate Link||www.researchgate.net/profile/Samuele_Agostini|
|Google Scholar link||scholar.google.it/citations?user=a32untkAAAAJ&hl=it|
- Master degree in Geology, on 19/02/1999 at the University of Pisa, Department of Earth Sciences, 110/110 cum laude, with a thesis entitled: "The volcanic field of Pali Aike, Southern Patagonia: geological and petrological study, and geodynamic implications ".
- Annual grant at DST-University of Siena.
- PhD in Earth Sciences, on 29/03/2004; Title of the thesis: The post-collisional magmatism Western Anatolia: petrological and geochemical characteristics, time-space distribution, geodynamic framework.
- 2004-2005. post-doc grant at IGG-CNR Pisa
- 2006-2009: Research fellow at IGG-CNR Pisa
- 2009-present Researcher at IGG-CNR Pisa
- petrology, geochemistry and geodynamics of collisional magmatism in converging areas and in back-arc extensional areas (i.e., Circum-Mediterranean region, Aegean-Anatolian area, Iran, Central and South America, Ethiopia, Antarctica).
- subduction and recycling of material subducted and exhumed
- Isotopic fingerprinting sensu lato: isotopic composition of radiogenic and stable isotopes as tracers of environmental pollutants and in forensic geology.
- Several fieldwork in Italy, Spain, France, Greece, Turkey, Iran, Ethiopia, El Salvador, Mexico, Chile, Argentina, Antarctica.
- 3 CNR-Short Term Mobility grant, hosted by the University of Maryland-College Park (USA), the Dokuz Eylul University (Turkey) and UNAM (Mexico).
- Teaching assistance for Master degree in Environmental Sciences and Geological Sciences (2003-2005), University of Pisa.
- In charge of the laboratory of thermal ionization mass spectrometry (TIMS) and related cleanroom for sample preparation.
- H-index (Google Scholar, ISI-WEB, Scopus): 11 (June 2015).
- Teaching at SSIS Tuscany (Universities of Pisa, Florence and Siena), for the part concerning the training and the internal structure of the Earth, the study and classification of igneous rocks, metamorphism and metamorphic rocks, volcanic activity (2002-2009).
- Invited seminars at University of Pisa, Dokuz Eylul Universitesi (Izmir, Turkey), University of Maryland (College Park, MD, USA), the Smithsonian Institution (Washington, DC, USA), University of Urbino Carlo Bo, UNAM (Mexico City, Mexico), Bulgarian Academy of Science (Sofia, Bulgaria), and University of Leeds (UK).
- Member of the organizing committee of "Areaperta - Dalle Stelle all’uomo", a series of divulgative seminars organized in the Research area of the CNR in Pisa (2009-2015).
- Author of divulgative seminars in the frame of Areaperta, Pianeta Galileo Project (Regione Toscana), Bright – La notte dei ricercatori, and in several primary, secondary and high schools.
- Cannaò, E., Agostini, S., Scambelluri, M., Tonarini, S., Godard, M. B, Sr and Pb isotope geochemistry of high-pressure Alpine metaperidotites monitors fluid-mediated element recycling during serpentinite dehydration in subduction mélange (Cima di Gagnone, Swiss Central Alps) (2015) Geochimica et Cosmochimica Acta, 163, pp. 80-100.
- Harvey, J., Garrido, C.J., Savov, I., Agostini, S., Padrón-Navarta, J.A., Marchesi, C., López Sánchez-Vizcaíno, V., Gómez-Pugnaire, M.T. 11B-rich fluids in subduction zones: The role of antigorite dehydration in subducting slabs and boron isotope heterogeneity in the mantle (2014) Chemical Geology, 376, pp. 20-30.
- Harvey, J., Savov, I.P., Agostini, S., Cliff, R.A., Walshaw, R. Si-metasomatism in serpentinized peridotite: The effects of talc-alteration on strontium and boron isotopes in abyssal serpentinites from Hole 1268a, ODP Leg 209 (2014) Geochimica et Cosmochimica Acta, 126, pp. 30-48
- Agostini, S., Doglioni, C., Innocenti, F., Manetti, P., Tonarini, S. On the geodynamics of the Aegean rift (2010) Tectonophysics, 488 (1-4), pp. 7-21.
- Agostini, S., Ryan, J.G., Tonarini, S., Innocenti, F. Drying and dying of a subducted slab: Coupled Li and B isotope variations in Western Anatolia Cenozoic Volcanism (2008) Earth and Planetary Science Letters, 272 (1-2), pp. 139-147.