- Giugno 2006: PhD at the Institute of Geochemistry and Petrology of ETH (Eidgenössische Technische Hochschule, Zürich; Switzerland). Febbraio 2001:Master in Geological Science at the University of Pisa (Italy).
- Petrology and geochemistry of oceanic serpentinites.
- Chemical fluxes during serpentinization and hydrothermal alteration of upper mantle and oceanic crust. Chemical and isotopic (O, C, H, B, Sr) studies of fault rocks (detachment fault) linked to oceanic core complex formation.
- Petrological, biogeochemical and isotopic studies (O, H, C, Sr) of carbonation of serpentinites and related CO2 mineral sequestration. Isotopic study of carbonates from different geological setting.
AWARDS AND INVITATIONS
- Invited speaker at the AGU conference (2006; San Francisco, USA) and the Goldschmidt Conference (2012; Montréal; Canada).
- Co-proponent and scientific participant at the IODP Expedition 357 (2015-2016): Atlantis Massif seafloor processes: serpentinization and life.
- Italian scientific responsible of the project funded by SNF (Swiss National Science Foundation) and by Fondation Herbette (Switzerland) ”CO2 capture and storage by mineral carbonation of ultramafic rocks: in-situ investigations at the serpentine carbonate interface” in collaboration with the University of Lausanne (2014-2015).
- Participant and scientific responsible of the project RESPIRA (POR-FSE 2009-2013): Tuscan serpentinites reservoir: from potential pollutant to environmental resource, funded by Tuscany Region and UE.
- Responsible of the Scientific Project of Short Term Mobility (STM) funded by CNR “CO2 sequestration in serpentinites” in collaboration with ETH-Zurich (2007).
- IGG-CNR responsible of the CSNA-PNRA projects:
- Antarctic meteorites (2012-2014), Continental geological tracers of Cenozoic climate and environmental changes (2010-2012);
- Transitions between glacial and interglacial periods inferred by the multidisciplinary investigation of glaciomarine sediments in Ross Sea (Antarctica; 2010-2012).
- IGG-CNR partecipant of the projects:
- The Ritmare Flagship Project (2012-2014): Planning of the Deep Marine Environment and the Open Sea, supported by the Ministry of Education, Universities and Research;
- IMAGE project (2013-2016): Integrated Methods for Advanced Geothermal Exploration; European 7thFP project;
- DESCRAMBLE project (2015-2018): Drilling in dEep, Super-CRitical AMBients of continentaL Europe, Horizon2020 project.
- Responsible of the IGG-CNR Stable Isotope Laboratory 2.
- Consultant for the Ministry of Economic Development for CO2 geological storage regulation in Italy.
- Member of the Osservatorio CCS. Associated editor of the Ofioliti Journal. Guest Associate Editor for the special volume (Ophiolites and environmental hazards, 2013) of Ofioliti.
- Peer review service for 8 international scientific journals, for the Ministry of Education, Universities and Research and for the U.S. NSF.
- Invited speaker, chairman and/or participant at: EGU, AGU, Goldschmidt Conference, Forum Italiano di Scienze della Terra (FIST), InterRidge Theoretical Institute.
- Advisor of 5 Stage students, 1 MSc and 3 PhD thesis (1 in collaboration with ETH-Zurich), 1 post-doc fellowship.
- Boschi C., Früh-Green G.L., Karson J.A., Kelley D.S. and Delacour A. (2006) Mass transfer and fluid flow during detachment faulting and development of an oceanic core complex, Atlantis Massif (MAR 30°N). G3, 7, Q01004, doi:10.1029/2005GC001074.
- Boschi C., Dini A., Früh-Green G.L., and Kelley D. S. (2008) Isotopic and element exchange during serpentinization and metasomatism at the Atlantis Massif: Insights from B and Sr isotope data. Geochim. Cosmochim. Acta, 72, 1801–1823.
- Boschi C., Dini A., Dallai L., Gianelli G. and Ruggieri G., (2009). Enhanced CO2-mineral sequestration by cyclic hydraulic fracturing and Si-rich fluids infiltration into serpentinites at Malentrata (Tuscany, Italy). Chemical Geology, 265 209–226 - doi:10.1016/j.chemgeo.2009.03.016.
- Boschi C., Bonatti E., Ligi M., Brunelli D., Cipriani A., Dallai L., D'Orazio M., Früh-Green G.L., Tonarini S., Barnes J.D., Bedini R.M., (2013). Serpentinization of mantle peridotites along an uplifted lithospheric section, Mid Atlantic Ridge at 11° N. Lithos, 178, 3–23, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.lithos.2013.06.003.
- G. Gadikota, C. Natali, C. Boschi, A.-H.A. Park, (2014). Morphological Changes during Enhanced Carbonation of Asbestos Containing Material and Its Comparison to Magnesium Silicate Minerals. Journal of Hazardous Materials, dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jhazmat.2013.09.068.