|Research Gate Link||www.researchgate.net/profile/Marco_Bonini|
|Google Scholar link||scholar.google.it/citations?user=TJUKlmQAAAAJ&hl=it|
- 2007-current: Senior Researcher, Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche.
- 2013- current: Contract Professor, University of Florence.
- 2001-2007: Researcher with open-ended contract, Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche.
- 1997-2001: Researcher with fixed-term contract, Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche.
- 1996-1997: Scholarship holder, Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche.
- 1995, October: Ph.D., “Tettonics and Structural Geology”, University of Bologna.
- 1990, March: Laurea (MsC equivalent), Geological Sciences, University of Florence.
- Geometric and deformation characteristics of continental rifts, particularly the Ethiopian Rift and Baja California (Mexico), and subordinately the oceanic rifting in Iceland.
- Geometric, kinematics and deformation characteristics of thrust systems and internal and foredeep sedimentary basins in Northern and Southern Apennines.
- Analogue modeling of deformation processes of continental collision, continental extension, fault reactivation, magma emplacement, geomorphic processes.
- Recent and active tectonics and main seismic sequences in the Northern Apennines.
- Structural controls, and relationships with the geochemistry of fluids released at mud volcanoes in Northern Apennines, Azerbaijan, and Taiwan.
- Author or co-author of 80 international publications, 8 geological maps, 24 national publications and more than 90 abstracts/extended abstracts at congresses.
- H Index: 25 (Isi Web of Knowledge), 26 (Scopus), 29 (Google Scholar).
- Reviewer of ISI international journals (Geology, Journal of Geophysical Research, Tectonophysics, Journal of Structural Geology, Tectonics, ecc.).
- Reviewer Editor of Frontiers in Earth Science; Editorial board member of Tectonophysics.
- Reviewer of international and national research projects (NSF, USA; ACS-PRF, USA; ERC, Europa; SNSF, Switzerland; ISF, Israel; MIUR, Italy).
- Responsible of national research projects, operative units, campaigns of geological field surveys, and international bilateral projects.
- Participant in operative units of several national and international projects.
- Responsible since 1998 of the Tectonic Modelling Laboratory of the Istituto di Geoscienze e Georisorse, Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche.
- Co-supervisor of 7 PhD thesis at Firenze and Pisa Universities; PhD and Master's Thesis committee member for national institutions.
- Didactic activity in numerous national and international institutions.
- Bonini M., 2006. Detachment folding–related Miocene submarine slope instability in the Romagna Apennines (Italy). Journal of Geophysical Research 111, B01404; doi:10.1029/2004JB003552.
- Bonini M., 2007. Deformation patterns and structural vergence in brittle–ductile thrust wedges: An additional analogue modelling perspective. Journal of Structural Geology 29, 141-158.
- Bonini M., 2008. Elliptical mud volcano caldera as stress indicator in an active compressional setting (Nirano, Pede-Apennine margin, northern Italy). Geology 36, 131-134; doi:10.1130/G24158A.1.
- Bonini, M., 2012. Mud volcanoes: Indicators of stress orientation and tectonic controls. Earth-Science Reviews 115, 121–152; http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.earscirev.2012.09.002.
- Bonini, M., 2013. Fluid seepage variability across the external Northern Apennines (Italy): Structural controls with seismotectonic and geodynamic implications. Tectonophysics 590, 151–174.