- Graduated in Earth Science in 1991 at the Padova University.
- Ph.D in Hearth Sciences in the same department in the 1995 with palynological specialization of Middle Triassic sequence.
- From 1996 to 1998, Post doctoral grant on Middle and Upper Triassic palynological research and paleobotanical implications of Upper Triassic fossil resin from the Dolomites;
- From 1999 to 2000 he works as Curator in the Geological Museum of Predazzo (Trento).
- From 2000 he is working as researcher in the Geoscience and Georesource Institute of Italian National Research Council (CNR) hosted in the Department of Geoscience of Padova University.
- His research activity is on stratigraphy, biostratigraphy and palaeobotany of Mesozoic and Cenozoic sequences
- Roghi G., Ragazzi E. and Gianolla P. 2006, Triassic amber of the Southern Alps (Italy). Palaios, v. 21, pp. 143-154.
- Roghi G., Gianolla P. Minarelli L. and Pilati C., Preto N., 2010, Palynological correlation of Carnian humid sub-events throughout western Tethys; Palaeogeography, Palaeoclimatology, Palaeoecology, 290 8 (2010), pp. 89-106.
- Dal Corso J., Mietto P., Newton R.J., Pancost R.D., Preto N., Roghi G., Wignall P.B., 2012, Discovery of a major negative δ13C spike in the Carnian (Upper Triassic) linked to the eruption of Wrangellia flood basalts. Geology, v. 40, no. 1, p. 79-82.
- Mietto P., Manfrin S., Preto N., Rigo M., Roghi G., Furin S., Gianolla P., Posenato R., Muttoni G., Nicora A., Buratti N., Cirilli S., Spötl C., Ramezani J., Bowring S.A., 2012, The Global Boundary Stratotype Section and Point (GSSP) of the Carnian Stage (Late Triassic) at Prati di Stuores/Stuores Wiesen Section (Southern Alps, NE Italy), Episodes, v. 35, n. 3, pp. 414-430.
- Hochuli P.A., Roghi G. and Brack P., 2014, Palynological zonation and particulate organic matter of the Middle Triassic of the Southern Alps (Seceda and Val Gola–Margon sections, Northern Italy). Review of Palaeobotany and Palynology, v. 218 (2015), pp. 28-47.