|Google Scholar link||scholar.google.it/citations?user=Sr_QvLYAAAAJ&hl=it|
- Degree in Geological Science at the University of Padua (1997)
- Ph.D in Earth Science at the University of Padua (2007).
- Visiting student at the University of Toronto (March-August 2006) including three months of fieldwork on the soft-sediment deformation in the Jurassic Navajo Sandstones of the Colorado Plateau (Southwest of the USA).
- The research activities interested the continental deposits of Miocene-Quaternary age, in the Venetian-Friulian piedmont plain and in the eastern Southalpine Chain, focused on stratigraphic, sedimentologic, provenance and structural analyses, as well as for the production of geological maps. These research activities were expanded to the Plio-Quaternary successions of the Western Po Plain, the Garda area and in the Transcaucasian basin (Georgia). In particular these studies have been focused on the palaeoenvironmental evolution and deformations related to active faults region (funded projects INGV-DPC and ITHACA).
- From 1998 to 2007 worked in the survey of Plio-Quaternary successions of the “Maniago “, “Udine” and “ Gemona del Friuli” Geological Sheets (CARG-FVG Project).
- Contract Professor at the Ca’ Foscari University of Venice in 2011.
- Researcher (permanent staff) at the Institute of Geosciences and Earth Resources of the National Research Council, Operative Research Unit of Turin, since November 2011.
- Coordinator of the INQUA Project "Circumalpine events and correlations in the Late Pleistocene", funded in 2012-2014.
- Surian N., Barban M., Ziliani L., Monegato G., Bertoldi W., Comiti M. (2015). Vegetation turnover in a braided river: frequency and effectiveness of floods of different magnitude. Earth Surface Processes and Landforms, 40, 542-558.
- Monegato G., Poli M.E. (2015). Tectonic and climatic inferences on terraced-staircase configuration at the Meduna valley outlet (eastern Southern Alps, NE Italy). Quaternary Research, 83, 229-242.
- Scardia G., Festa A., Monegato G., Pini R., Rogledi S., Tremolada F., Galadini F. (2015). Evidence for late Alpine tectonics in the Lake Garda area (Northern Italy) and seismogenic implications. GSA Bullettin, 127, 113-130.
- Fontana A., Monegato G., Devoto S., Zavagno E., Burla I., Cucchi F. (2014). Evolution of an Alpine fluvioglacial system at the LGM decay: the Cormor megafan (NE Italy). Geomorphology, 204, 136-153.
- Bryant G.C., Monegato G., Miall A.D. (2013). An example of liquefaction-induced interdune sedimentation from the early Jurassic Navajo Sandstone, USA. Sedimentary Geology, 297, 50-62.