- 1986 Degree in Geologic Sciences, Università degli Studi di Bologna
- 1992 Ph.D. in Earth Sciences, Università degli Studi di Bologna
- 1992, 1993 post-doctorate research activity
- mineralogy and geochemistry of clay sediments of marine and continental settings: provenance and environmental meaning of the deposits;
- environmental mineralogy: role of fine-grained minerals in controlling the mobility of chemical elements;
- medical geology: use of geomaterials (mainly clays) for cosmetic and therapeutic use; mineralogy and geochemistry of biomaterials (natural, pathologic and synthetic);
AWARDS AND INVITATIONS
- 1997, "Luigi Dell'Anna" grant, assigned by the Italian Group of the Association Internationale pour l'Etude des Argilles
- 2009, FoRST award 2009, assigned by the Italian Foundation for Thermal Scientific Research.
- 2012, FoRST award 2012, assigned by the Italian Foundation for Thermal Scientific Research.
- scientific responsible for the IGG of the contract "Study of the groundwater quality in the Venetian plain with emphasis on the arsenic content" with the Regione del Veneto (2009-2011)
- scientific responsible of the operative unit "Characterization of slow release particle formulations of proteins, peptides and small molecules (PRIN 2008)
- scientific responsible for the IGG of the contract "Mud + algae for cosmeceutics" with the Centro Studi Pietro d'Abano (2008)
- scientific responsible for the Italian Association for the Study of Clays of the contract "Study of the release of chemical elements from the healing peloid to the body" with the Circuito Termale dell’Emilia-Romagna (2007)
- Dal Corso J., Marzoli A., Tateo F., Jenkyns H.C., Bertrand H., Youbi N., Mahmoudi A., Font E., Burati N. & Cirili S., 2014. The dawn of CAMP volcanism and its bearing on the end-Triassic carbon cycle disruption. Journal of the Geological Society, London, 171, 153–164.
- Carraro A., De Giacomo A., Giannossi M.L., Medici L. , Muscarella M., Palazzo L., Quaranta V., Summa V. & Tateo F., 2014. Clay minerals as adsorbents of aflatoxin M1 from contaminated milk and effects on milk quality. Applied Clay Science, 88-89, 92-99.
- Carraro A., Fabbri P., Giaretta A., Peruzzo L., Tateo F. & Tellini F., 2013. Arsenic anomalies in shallow Venetian Plain (Northeast Italy). Environmental Earth Sciences, 70, 3067-3084.
- Tateo F., Agnini C., Carraro A., Giannossi M.L., Margiotta S., Medici L., Finizio F.E. & Summa V., 2010. Short-term and long-term maturation of different clays for pelotherapy in an alkaline-sulphate mineral water (Rapolla, Italy). Applied Clay Science, 50, 503-511.
- Tateo F., Ravaglioli A., Andreoli C., Bonina F., Coiro V., Degetto S., Giaretta A., Menconi Orsini A., Puglia C. & Summa V. 2009. The in-vitro percutaneous migration of chemical elements from a thermal mud for healing use. Applied Clay Science, 44, 83-94.