|Research Gate Link||www.researchgate.net/profile/Barbara_Nisi|
|Google Scholar link||scholar.google.it/citations?user=BlelQDEAAAAJ&hl=it|
- 1997: Degree in Geological Sciences at the Department of Earth Sciences of the University of Florence.
- 1997-98: Post-degree Master Course in Cultural Heritage Sciences at the Dep. of Earth Sc. of the University of Florence.
- 2000-2001: ANPA-CNR fellowship at the Department of Earth Sciences of the University of Florence
- 2002-2004: PhD in Earth Sciences at the Department of Earth Sciences of the University of Florence.
- 2005-2006: Post-doc fellowships at the Department of Earth Sciences of the University of Florence.
- 2006-2007: Research grant at the Institute of Geosciences and Earth Research (CNR-IGG) of Florence.
- 2007-2008: Post-doc fellowships at the Department of Earth Sciences of the University of Florence.
- 2009-2010: Research grant at the Institute of Geosciences and Earth Research (CNR-IGG) of Pisa.
- 2010-2013: Post-doc fellowships at the Institute of Geosciences and Earth Research (CNR-IGG) of Pisa.
- 2013 onward: Researcher at the Institute of Geosciences and Earth Research (CNR-IGG) of Pisa.
- The scientific activity can be summarized as follows:
- Geochemical investigation in volcanic and geothermal fluids;
- Monitoring protocols of pilot sites selected for CO2 sequestration;
- In-land and lacustrine investigation related to the evaluation of CO2 outputs from volcanic and geothermal and anthropogenically-affected areas;
- Environmental geochemistry of municipal landfills and abandoned mining areas
- Water geochemistry and monitoring protocols for delimitation of the Protection Zones of wells and springs used as sources of drinking water;
- Statistical processing of geochemical data, geochemical mapping and output calculations of diffuse soil gases.
AWARDS AND INVITATIONS
- 2004 – The Faculty member assembly of the Department of Earth Sciences of Florence officially approved the scientific and teaching skills of B.N. recognizing her scientific expertise in Geochemistry.
- 2008- Invited speaker by Tuscany Region on the NO3 sources in the Cecina Plain groundwaters by an isotopic approach.
- Scientific Collaborator to international and national projects funded by different agencies: Ciudad de la Energia (Ponferrada, Spain); CIEMAT (Spain); MIUR PRIN; Integrated projects between Italy and Spain; INGV; United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA). All these projects were dedicated to different aspects associated with fluid geochemistry.
- P.I. of the CNR/ASM Bilateral Project: Origin of the fluid discharges in the Republic of Moldova and possible implications on the geothermal potential.
- Since 2005 she’s Teaching assistantship in the courses of Environmental Geochemistry, Applied Geochemistry and Geochemistry at the Department of Earth Sciences of the University of Florence and member of the exam committees in all the courses related to the disciplines of Geochemisty and Volcanology.
- Author of about 60 scientific papers published in international and national journals and has attended more than 80 congresses in Italy and abroad where oral and poster communications were presented.
- Reviewer for top-quality journals such as Journal of Hydrology, Hydrogeology Journal, Applied Geochemistry, Journal Hazardous Materials, Waste Management, and so forth.
- Nisi, B., Buccianti, A., Vaselli, O., Perini, G., Tassi, F., Minissale, A., Montegrossi, G., 2008. Hydrogeochemistry and strontium isotopes in the Arno River Basin (Tuscany, Italy): Constraints on natural controls by statistical modelling. J. Hydrol., 360, 166-183.
- Nisi B., Vaselli O., Tassi, F., de Elío J., Delgado Huertas A., Mazadiego L.F., Ortega M., 2013. Hydrogeochemistry of surface and underground waters in the Hontomin-Huermeces area (Burgos, Spain). International Journal of Greenhouse Gas Control. 14, 151-168.
- Nisi, B., Vaselli, O., Delgado Huertas, A., Tassi, F. 2013. Dissolved Nitrates in the groundwater of the Cecina Plain (Tuscany, central-western Italy): Clues from the isotopic signature of NO3-. Applied Geochemistry. 34, 38-52.
- Nisi B., Vaselli O., Tassi F., Elio J., Ortega M., Caballero J., Rappuoli D., Mazadiego L.F. 2014. Origin of the gases released from the Acqua Passante and Ermeta wells (Mt. Amiata, central Italy) and possible environmental implications for their closure. Annals of Geophysics, 57, 4, 2014, S0438; doi:10.4401/ag-6584.
- Nisi B., Raco B., Dotsika E. 2014. Groundwater contamination studies by environmental isotopes: A review. In: E. Jiménez et al. (eds.), Environment, Energy and Climate Change I: Environmental Chemistry of Pollutants and Wastes, Hdb Env Chem, DOI 10.1007/698_2014_281, © Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg.