|Research Gate Link||www.researchgate.net/profile/Andrea_Dini|
|Google Scholar link||scholar.google.it/citations?user=l1ybHhoAAAAJ&hl=it|
|Altro link web||cnr-it.academia.edu/AndreaDini|
- Present (from 2008): Researcher, Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche - Istituto Geoscienze e Georisorse.
- 1999-2008: Contract Researcher (art. 36, n.70/75) at IGG-CNR Pisa.
- 1998-1999: Geological Consultant for “Sardinia Gold Mining S.p.A.”
- 1997: PhD in Earth Science (Petrology of granite intrusions), University of Pisa.
- 1992: Master in Geological Science (Ore deposits), University of Pisa.
Investigation of magmatic-hydrothermal processes in orogenic and post-collisional settings, with special focus on granite-related hydrothermal deposits, pegmatites and geothermal systems. Research activity is mainly concentrated in the Mediterranean Region, but some collaboration was developed on Antarctica, Brazil, Perù Madagascar, Atlantic/Arctic Ocean areas.
The main tasks are: 1) 3D geometry of intrusive and hydrothermal bodies; 2) petrographic and geochemical-isotopic characterization (major, traces, Sr-Nd-Pb-B-O-H isotopes) of magmatic and hydrothermal rocks; 3) isotope dating (U-Pb and Rb-Sr) of magmatic and hydrothermal minerals; 4) detailed study of magmatic and hydrothermal minerals (tourmaline, biotite, ilvaite, hedenbergite, sulphides, etc.). Additional collaborations are active on the following subjects: 1) serpentinization and carbonation of ultramafic rocks in oceanic and ophiolitic settings; 2) geochemical and isotopic (Pb) tracing of materials/artifacts from Classic-Medieval-Renaissance archaeological sites.
Author of ca. 70 scientific papers; mostly on peer-reviewed International journals. H-index: 17 (fonte ISI WEB of Knowledge e Scopus); 19 (Google Scholar).
AWARDS AND INVITATIONS
- 2014-2015: Visiting Professor at the “Department de Sciences de la Terre e de l’Environnement” Universitè de Geneve (Svizzera).
- 2007: Attribution of “Johndino Nogara” prize (Italian Society of Mineralogy and Petrology) for contributions in the field of ore deposits.
- 2015-2018: WorkPackage leader in the frame of the Horizon2020 European Project “DESCRAMBLE” (Drilling in dEep, Super-CRitical AMBients of continentaL Europe; 640573, Topic LCE-02-2014).
- 2015: Italian PI of the “Fondation Herbette” project (Lausanne University, Switzerland): ”Ion Microprobe analysis of boron, oxygen and hydrogen isotopes in hydrothermal systems” carried out at Lausanne University.
- 2014-2015: Italian PI of the SNF project (Swiss National Science Foundation; IZK0Z2_155752): ” Timescales of crustal magmatism and associated hydrothermal systems in Tuscany and implications for the geothermal field of Larderello” carried out at Geneve University.
- 2008-2010: PI of the IGG-CNR local unit of the PRIN-MIUR project: "Flusso di magma e crescita delle intrusioni ignee tabulari" (2008PN8Z9K_002; Coordinator prof. Sergio Rocchi, Università di Pisa)
- 2001-2003: PI of the CNR-Agenzia 2000_Giovani project: “Interdisciplinary study (B, O, Sr, Nd isotopes, fluid inclusions, mineral chemistry) of tourmaline in Tertiary granitic rocks from Tuscany (Italy): implication for crustal processes and geochemical behaviour of boron” (CNRG00C4AE)
- Participant of the following IGG-CNR and PNRA projects: 1) The Ritmare Flagship Project (2012-2014): Planning of the Deep Marine Environment and the Open Sea, supported by the Ministry of Education, Universities and Research; 2) IMAGE project (2013-2016): Integrated Methods for Advanced Geothermal Exploration; European 7thFP project; 3) XXI Italian Expedition in Antarctica (winter 2005-2006).
- Responsible for the Mineral Separation Laboratory – Rock Repository at IGG-CNR Pisa.
- Peer review service for International Journals (ISI) and International Research Foundation Agencies, SNF (Switzerland), NSF (USA) e GACR (Czech Rep).
- Co-supervisor for 19 Master Theses and 3 PhD Theses ( Earth Science at Pisa and Florence Universities).
- Co-supervisor for 6 Master Theses and 1 PhD Thesis at Geneve University.
- Organizer of several popular science initiatives (exhibitions, conferences, articles, educational labs) in the field of mineralogy and mineral deposits.
- Vezzoni S., Dini A. and Rocchi S. (2016) Reverse telescoping in a distal skarn system (Campiglia Marittima, Italy). Ore Geology Review, 77, 176-193. doi: 10.1016/j.oregeorev.2016.03.001.
- Farina F., Dini A., Rocchi S. and Stevens G. (2014) Extreme mineral-scale Sr isotope heterogeneity in granites by disequilibrium melting of the crust. Earth and Planetary Science Letters, 399,103–115. doi: 10.1016/j.epsl.2014.05.018.
- Benvenuti M., Dini A., D’Orazio M., Chiarantini L., Corretti A. and Costagliola P. (2013) The tungsten and tin signature of iron ores from Elba Island (Italy): a tool for provenance studies of iron production in the Mediterranean region. Archaeometry, 55, 479–506. doi: 10.1111/j.1475-4754.2012.00692.x.
- Dini A., Mazzarini F., Musumeci G. and Rocchi S. (2008) Multiple hydro-fracturing by boron-rich fluids in the Late Miocene contact aureole of eastern Elba Island (Tuscany, Italy). Terra Nova, 2011, 103-114. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-3121.2008.00823.x.
- Dini A., Gianelli G., Puxeddu M. and Ruggieri G., (2005). Origin and evolution of Pliocene–Pleistocene granites from the Larderello geothermal field (Tuscan Magmatic Province, Italy). Lithos, 20, 318–326. doi:10.1016/j.lithos.2004.09.002.