Marinella Ada Laurenzi
|First Name||Marinella Ada|
|Google Scholar link||scholar.google.it/citations?hl=it&user=btXzMacAAAAJ|
- Since 31/12/2001: senior researcher at the Istituto di Geoscienze e Georisorse, CNR
- 1995-CNR short-term mobility: Berkeley Geochronology Center, Berkeley, USA
- Oct-1986÷Apr-1987 CNR–NATO junior fellowship: Isotope Geophysics Laboratory, University of Sheffield (GB)
- 1985- 2001: researcher at the Istituto di Geocronologia e Geochimica Isotopica, CNR
- 1980: degree with honour in Earth Sciences at “La Sapienza” University, Rome, with the thesis “Isotope geochemistry and geology of the Alban Hills volcanic area”
- My research activity is based on the use of 40Ar-39Ar dating method to study times and rates of geological processes.
- Research topics dealt with over the years can be summarized in three main lines: chronological reconstruction of Italian Plio-Pleistocenic magmatism, stratigraphic applications, dating of glasses of various origins.
- I took part to CNR, GNV, PNRA, MIUR research programs. Currently I am in charge of the IGG Unit of the Ritmare Flagship Project [SP4 (Deep Sea)-WP1], and I am part of the IGG unit in the H2020 project Descramble.
AWARDS AND INVITATIONS
- 25-29 March 2012: Workshop INTIMATE (COST Action), De Lutte (NL): Climate and environmental change from 60,000-8000 years ago. Keynote WG1: 40Ar-39Ar chronology of Late Quaternary tephra: an overview of applications and limits.
- 22-24 April 2007, Amsterdam (NL) – Invited to join the ESF Exploratory Workshop "Earthtime: The European Contribution - Integration of High-Precision Geochronology and Astronomical Tuning for Calibration of the Cenozoic and Mesozoic Timescales”
- Since 1992 – occasional didactic activity (student supervision, seminars, etc.)
- May 1994 - December 2001: responsible of the K/Ar Unit of the Istituto di Geocronologia e Geochimica Isotopica, CNR
- February 1993 - June 1997: member of the Scientific Council of the Istituto di Geocronologia e Geochimica Isotopica, CNR, Pisa
- Boari E., Tommasini S., Laurenzi M.A., Conticelli S. (2009) – Transition from ultrapotassic kamafugitic to sub-alkaline magmas: Sr, Nd, and Pb isotope, trace element and 40Ar-39Ar age data from the Middle Latin Valley volcanic field, Roman Magmatic Province, Central Italy. Journal of Petrology, 50 (7), pp. 1327-1357.
- Bigazzi G., Laurenzi M.A., Soligo M., Tuccimei P. (2008) - Multi-method approach to dating glass: the case of Basiluzzo Islet (Aeolian archipelago, Italy). Journal of Volcanology and Geothermal Research, 177, 244-250.
- Curzio P., Folco L., Laurenzi M.A., Mellini M., Zeoli A. (2008) - A tephra chronostratigraphic framework for the Frontier Mountain blue ice field (northern Victoria Land, Antarctica). Quaternary Science Review, 27, 602-620.
- Laurenzi M.A., Balestrieri M.L., Bigazzi G., Hadler Neto J.C., Iunes P.J., Norelli P., Oddone M., Osorio Araya A.M., Viramonte J.G. (2007) - New constraints on ages of glasses proposed as reference materials for Fission-Track dating. Geostandards and Geoanalytical Research, 31, 105-124.
- Laurenzi M.A., Bigazzi G., Balestrieri M.L., Bouska (2003) 40Ar-39Ar laser probe dating of the Central European tektite-producing impact event. Meteoritics & Planetary Science, 38, 887-894.