|Phone||050 6213275 - 328 9049978|
|Research Gate Link||www.researchgate.net/profile/Giulio_Masetti|
|Altro Link Web||iggnew.igg.cnr.it/igg2015v2/index.php/it/70-sedi-e-uos/area-cnr-pisa-sede/cv-sede/120-masetti-info|
- Degree in Geological Sciences (University of Pisa, 1999) defending a thesis in applied geomorphology.
- Scholarship in geology and geomorphology (University of Siena, Department of Earth Sciences) from 2000 to 2003.
- Research grant at the CNR Institute of Geosciences and Earth Resources (IGG) for the “Realization, management and implementation of geothematic databases in GIS environment” from 2006 to 2010.
- CNR Technologist since 2010.
Since 2005 operates as GIS expert in applied research projects financed by the Tuscany Geological Survey and the LaMMA Consortium concerning the water resource protection by the way of geometric and hydrostructural characterization of the regional geological bodies hosting aquifers (“reservoir”) and the maintenance/updating of the Tuscany 1:10.000 Geological Map.
Main activities are:
- development of methodologies aimed at building hydrostructural 3D solid models for the estimation of the groundwater resource contained in aquifers and the implementation of numerical flow models;
- identification of potential water resources through the analysis and processing of satellite imagery and DEMs;
- geological and geomorphological analysis of slope gravity movements; relationships between gravity morphogenesis and neotectonic evolution, especially referred to deep-seated gravitational slope deformation (DSGSD).
- Head of the IGG “GIS, Cartography and Remote Sensing” Laboratory (LabGIS).
- Scientific coordinator for the IGG research agreements concerning the maintenance and management of the Tuscany Region geological databases.
- Coordinator of a scientific collaboration agreement between IGG and Terrelogiche srl.
- From 2008 to 1010 has been scientific coordinator for the IGG research agreements concerning the realization of the Tuscany Region slope stability map.
- In 2004 has participated in the CNR S.C.A.I. Project (Study of Unstable Inhabited Centers) and from 2007 to 2010 has cooperated with the Emilia-Romagna Region Soil Defence Survey for providing the stability analysis of some inhabited centers.
- From 2000 to 2004 has taken part both in C.A.R.G. national project for the realization of the new Italian Geological Map in scale 1:50.000 (sheets 249, 251, 260 and 266) and in geological and geomorphological 1:10.000 regional cartography projects (Marche and Tuscany regions).
- Menichini M., Da Prato S., Doveri M., Ellero A., Lelli M., Masetti G., Nisi B., Raco B. (2015) – An integrated methodology to define Protection Zones for groundwater-based drinking water sources: an example from the Tuscany Region, Italy. Acque Sotterranee – Italian Journal of Groundwater, Vol. 4, n. 139, 21-27.
- Raco B., Buccianti A., Corongiu M., Lavorini G., Macera P., Manetti F., Mari R., Masetti G., Menichetti S., Nisi B., Protano G., Romanelli S. (2015) – GEOBASI: The geochemical Database of Tuscany Region (Italy). Acque Sotterranee – Italian Journal of Groundwater, Vol. 4, n. 139, 7-18.
- Masetti G., Ottria G., Ghiselli F., Ambrogio A., Rossi G., Zanolini L. (2013) – Multidisciplinary Study of the Torrio Landslide (Northern Apennines, Italy) in: C. Margottini et al. (eds.), Landslide Science and Practice, Vol. 1, DOI 10.1007/978-3-642-31325-7_23, # Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2013.
- Doveri M., Nisi B., Cerrina Feroni A., Ellero A., Menichini M., Lelli M., Masetti G., Da Prato S., Principe C., Raco B. (2012) - Geological, hydrodynamic and geochemical features of the volcanic aquifer of Mt. Amiata (Tuscany, Central Italy): an overview. Acta Vulcanologica, 23 (1-2), 2011 / 24 (1-2), 2012, 51-72.
- Cerrina Feroni A., Da Prato S., Doveri M., Ellero A., Lelli M., Marini L., Masetti G., Nisi B. & Raco B. (2010) – Corpi idrici sotterranei della Val di Cecina. Editore Manetti P., Memorie descrittive della Carta Geologica d’Italia, vol. LXXXIX, pp. 99.