- 2005 High school leaving qualification in classical studies
- 2009 Bachelor’s Degree in Analysis and Management of Natural and Anthropic Risks, University of Messina vote 110/110 cum laude
- 2011 Master’s Degree in Geological Sciences and Technologies, University of Pisa, vote 110/110 cum laude
- 2017 Ph.D. in Earth Sciences, University of Florence
- 2013 - present Research Fellow, Institute of Geosciences and Earth Resources (CNR-IGG), Pisa
- Geochemical survey aimed at identifying and characterizing the geothermal resources
- Regulatory framework and authorization processes in geothermal fields
- Environmental impact related to exploitation of geothermal resources
- Geochemical survey (sampling and analyses on water and gas) aimed at characterizing the geothermal resources (Ph.D. program);
- Collection and organization of geochemical data for the upgrade and extension of the National Geothermal Database, managed by the Italian National Research Council;
- Mapping the geochemical parameters for identifying potentially geothermal areas, using spatial analyst tools in GIS environment;
- Report on geothermal laws and regulations (including permitting and administrative processes);
- Contribution to 3D geological modeling using software PETREL;
- Contribution to geothermal potential and favourability mapping;
- Contribution to creating, publishing and updating the content of project websites (VIGOR and Geothermal Atlas projects)
- Contribution for compiling reports about regulatory, social and environmental aspects related to geothermal energy (Geothermal ERA-NET and GeoElec projects);
- Nextdata Project Manager;
- Dissemination: organizations of seminars and workshops.
- E. Trumpy, A. Donato, G. Gianelli, G. Gola, A. Minissale, D. Montanari, A. Santilano, A. Manzella, 2015. Data integration and favourability maps for exploring geothermal systems in Sicily, southern Italy. Geothermics, 56, July 2015, Pages 1–16.
A. Santilano, A. Donato, A. Galgaro, D. Montanari, A. Menghini, A. Viezzoli, E. Di Sipio, E. Destro, A. Manzella, 2016. An integrated 3D approach to assess the geothermal heat-exchange potential: The case study of western Sicily (southern Italy). Renewable Energy, 97, 2016, Pages 611-624.
E. Trumpy, S. Botteghi, F. Caiozzi, A. Donato, G. Gola, D. Montanari, M.P.D. Pluymaekers, A. Santilano, J.D. van Wees, A. Manzella, 2016. Energy, 103, 2016, Pages 167-181. Geothermal potential assessment for a low carbon strategy: A new systematic approach applied in southern Italy.
A. Minissale, A. Donato, M. Procesi, S. Giammanco, L. Pizzino, 2016. Dati e carte geochimiche del Mezzogiorno d'Italia. In: Adele Manzella (Ed.) Progetto Atlante Geotermico del Mezzogiorno, CNR per il Mezzogiorno, CNR-IGG (2016). ISBN: 9788879580298.
M.S. Giamberini, A. Donato, A. Manzella, A. Pellizzone, D. Scrocca, D. E. Bruno, I. Nardini, S. Botteghi, V. F. Uricchio. Rischi ambientali connessi all'utilizzo della risorsa geotermica: cause e buone pratiche per la loro minimizzazione. In: Adele Manzella (Ed.) Progetto Atlante Geotermico del Mezzogiorno, CNR per il Mezzogiorno, CNR-IGG (2016). ISBN:9788879580304.