|Phone||050 6212283 - 050 6212391|
|Research Gate Link||www.researchgate.net/researcher/31933574_PI_Antonio_Caprai|
- Degree in Chemistry Industrial Expert c/o Industrial Technical Institute in Leghorn.
- University of California – Berkeley - Training c/o department of Physics about isotopic preparation and analyses of rare gases in geothermal fluids. 1981
- 2015 - Scientific coordinator of project (Italian Foreigner Ministery - National Council of research of Italy) named “SaPeVo” - “El Salvador: Volcanic Hazard Mitigation” - .
- 2014 - 2015 - Scientific coordinator of project (Italian Foreigner Ministery - National Council of research of Italy) named “University education, study and monitoring of the volcano Baekdu in DPRK - Rating geothermal resources”.
- 2009 – 2015 - Scientific coordinator of project (Italian Foreigner Ministery - National Council of research of Italy) named " Creating a training in geothermal energy in the Salvadoran academic system ".
- 2009 – 2015 Local scientific coordinator of project CNR - Pisa (Italian Foreigner Ministery – University of Palermo) - "Inter-university network project for analysis and evaluation of natural hazards in Central America ".
- 2009 - Scientific coordinator of project "Workshop on Geothermal Energy for Central American countries "- Coordinated by Institute Italo Latin American - Italian Cooperation”.
- 1995 – Development of a methodology for the treatment of samples of the residual gas coming from events such as geothermal or volcanic to be analyzed to the mass spectrometer for the analysis of carbon 13 in CO2 in the presence of H2S.
AWARDS AND INVITANTIONS
- 2013 - San Salvador - Award of merit from the University of El Salvador through the decree of the Higher University Council of UES n. 057/2011/2013 (VII-3) of 14 February 2013.
- 2011 - San Salvador - Diploma in recognition of merit from the Faculty of Agronomy of the University of El Salvador.
- 2010 - 2012 Elected President of International Geo-hazard research Society.
- 2005 - Honorary Citizen of Antigua Guatemala for Scientific contribution in prevention of volcanic risk.
- 2011 - Activities Referee for the Journal of Asian Earth Sciences - Elsevier - Title: Microplate Boundries Hindering Pre-Earthquake strain Transfer (Western Turkey): Geochemical Infrences from Continuous Monitoring. Author Dr. Sedat Inan.
- 2010 - Activities Referee for Geofluids - Elsevier - Manuscript ID GFL-2009-066 Entitled "Radon in the investigations of geo-hazards in Polish Collieries" has been Submitted to a thematic edition of Geofluids dedicated to gas geochemistry.
- 2009 - Activities Referee for ACTA Geophisics - Soil Radon observations as possible earthquake PRECURSORS inTurkey
- 2005 - Method and system for introduction of gas samples at a controlled pressure in the gas chromatographs ".
- 2004 - National Patent of Invention called a "Method and system for introduction of gas samples at a controlled pressure in the gas chromatographs".
- Responsible for laboratory of chemical gas analysis
- D’Amore F., Fancelli R., Mussi M., Caprai A., 1988. Gas Modelling in geothermal system using carbon monoxide measurements. Special volume. Volume 43, pp. 1013-1020.
- D’Amore F., Fancelli R., Mussi M., Caprai A. – 1988 – Gas Modelling in Geothermal Systems Using Carbon Monoxide Measurements. Rendiconti della Società Italiana di Mineralogia e Petrologia, Vol. 43, pp. 1013-1020 – Special Volume in Memory of Marcello Carapezza.
- D'Amore F. , Gianelli G., Caprai A. (International Institute for Geothermal Research / C.N.R.), Yusa Y., Kitaoka K., Takemura K. (Beppu Geophysical Research Laboratory, Kyoto University, Japan) 1992. Gas geochemistry for the Beppu hydrothermal system (Kyushu , Japan). Surface gas composition and evaluation of the deep fluid thermodynamic conditions. Kharara Y. K., Maest. A.S. eds. Water rock interaction. v. 2. pp. 1275-1278, 2 figg.
- Giggenbach W. F., Tedesco, Sulistiyo, Caprai, Cioni, Favara, Fischer, Hirabayashi, Korzhinsky, Martini, Menyailov, Shinohara, 2001 – Evaluations of results from the fourth and fifth IAVCEI field workshop on volcanic gases, Vulcano Island, Italy and Java, Indonesia. Journal of Volcanology and Geothermal Research. Vol. 108, 17 pp.,
- F. Tassi, O. Vaselli,B. Capaccioni, G. Montegrossi,F. Barahona, A. Caprai, 2007 -Scrubbing process and chemical equilibria controlling the composition of light hydrocarbons in natural gas discharges:An example from the geothermal fields of El Salvador.