|Research Gate Link||www.researchgate.net/profile/Andrea_Orlando|
|Google Scholar link||scholar.google.it/citations?user=zwQ6-coAAAAJ&hl=it|
- Graduated in Geological Sciences (1991) at the University of Florence, Italy (110/110 cum laude).
- CNR (National Research Council of Italy) fellowship (1992-1993) for graduated students on Cultural Heritage (Institute for Research on Electromagnetic Waves, Florence).
- Ph.D. in Mineralogy and Petrology at the University of Florence (1997).
- Post-doctoral fellowship at the Experimental Mineralogy and Petrology lab of The University of Western Ontario, Canada (1997-1998).
- Experimental Mineralogy and Petrology
- Igneous Petrology
- Mineral Chemistry
- Geothermal energy
- Geochemistry of solid and fluid phases
- Material Sciences
AWARDS AND INVITATIONS
- Ph.D. thesis in Mineralogy and Petrology (1998). Granted from the Italian Society of Mineralogy and Petrology (SIMP).
- Researcher at CNR, Institute of Geosciences and Earth Resources, Section of Florence (from 1999).
- In charge of the Experimental Mineralogy and Petrology Laboratory.
- Skilled operator of the Electron Microprobe Laboratory “Filippo Olmi”.
- Assistant professor of Petrography, Applied Petrography, Petrology courses at University of Florence, Italy (formally from 2015).
- Institutional Activity: Secretary of Italian Federation of Earth Sciences (2000), Secretary of the Italian Society of Mineralogy and Petrology (2004-2009), Treasurer of the "Geoitalia Foundation" (2003-2013).
- Perinelli C., Orlando A., Conte A.M., Armienti P., Borrini D., Faccini B. & Misiti V. (2008) - “Metasomatism induced by alcaline magma in the upper mantle of northern Victoria Land (Antartica): an experimental approach”. From: Coltorti M. & Grègoire M. (eds) Metasomatism in Oceanic and Continental Lithospheric Mantle, Geological Society, London, Special publications, 293, 279-302.
- Orlando A., D’Orazio M., Armienti P. & Borrini D. (2008) - “Experimental determination of plagioclase and clinopyroxene crystal growth rates in an anhydrous trachybasalt from Mt Etna (Italy)”. European Journal of Mineralogy, 20, 653-664.
- Orlando A., Conte A.M., Borrini D., Perinelli C., Gianelli G. & Tassi F. (2010) - “Experimental investigation of CO2-rich fluids production in a geothermal area: the Mt Amiata (Tuscany, Italy) case study”. Chemical Geology, 274, 177-186.
- Orlando A., Borrini D. & Marini L. (2011) - “Dissolution and carbonation of a serpentinite: Inferences from acid attack and high P–T experiments performed in aqueous solutions at variable salinity”. Applied Geochemistry, 26, 1569-1583.
- Orlando A., Lelli M. & Marini L. (2012) - “Production of amorphous hydrated impure magnesium carbonate through ex situ carbonation”. Applied Geochemistry, 27, 2500-2510.