Alda Maria Conte
- October 1983: graduated in Natural Sciences at “Sapienza” University of Rome
- 1988 up to now: Researcher at National Council of Researches (C.N.R.), Institute of Geosciences and Earth Resources (I.G.G.)
- 1986-1989: PhD in Earth Sciences at “Sapienza” University of Rome
- Research fields:Magmatism and Tectonics; Archeometry; Geochemistry; Petrology; Esperimental Petrology; Underwater magmatism
- Research topics: Petrology and geochemistry of different magmatic districts: the alkaline-carbonatitic complexes from the Continental Brazil; the calcalkaline and alkaline magmatism from S-W Sardinia, Roman Co-Magmatic Province (Vulsini District), Pontine Archipelago and surrounding areas (continental platform and slope, Thyrrenian sea, Central Italy).
- Experimental studies on the: the role of holegens (F and Cl) on the petrogenesis of rhyolitic-granitic magmas; crystallization kinetics; metasomatic processes in the upper mantle; carbonate assimilation by K-alkaline magmas; CO2-rich fluids-rocks interaction in natural systems.
- Relationships between magmatism and the geodynamic setting in the Mediterranean area (offshore Pontine Islands; Pantelleria Island) and in the Azores Islands.
- Volcanological and geochemical investigations of submarine volcanic apparatus and surrounding areas (Pantelleria Island, Thyrrenian sea, Italy, and the "Terceira Ridge" in the Azores) aimed to define: i) the mechanisms of ascent and emplacement of magmas in relation with the deformation structures in intra-continental environment and, ii) the process that trigger submarine explosive eruptions. Influence of volcanic activity on the adaptability of planktonic foraminifera in such volcanic environments.
- Characterization of submarine hydrothermal deposits (Pontine Islands, Aeolian Islands). Relationship between magmatic and hydrothermal in continental environment (District Arburese, Sardinia SO).
- Characterization and classification through a multi-analytical approach of materials of archaeological (ceramics, gems, coins, marbles) and architectural (lithoids and mortar construction) interest for the purposes of origin and restoration.
- h-index: Google Scholar : 10 since 2010: 7; Scopus h-index: 7
- 1992 up to now: Responsible for the C.N.R - XRF laboratory at the Department of Earth Sciences, “Sapienza”, University of Rome
- 1998-2001: Member of the Scientific Board of the C.N.R.- “Centro di Studio per gli Equilibri Sperimentali in Minerali e Rocce”.
- 2007 up to now: in charge of the C.N.R. – I.G.G.- U.O.S. Rome.
- A. 2014-2015, A.A. 2013-2014, A.A. 2012-2013 teaching of Petrography (6 CFU) of the course in Natural Sciences, at the Department of Earth Sciences, "Sapienza" University of Rome.
- Conte A.M., Perinelli C. & Trigila R. (2006): Cooling kinetics experiments on Stromboli lavas of different serial affinity giving variable crystal morphologies and phases composition. Journal of Volcanology and Geothermal Research 155, 179-200.
- Conte A.M., Dolfi D., Gaeta M., Misiti V., Mollo S., Perinelli C. (2009): Experimental constraints on evolution of leucite-basanite magma at 1 and 10-4 GPa: implications for parental compositions of Roman high-potassium magmas. Eur. J. Mineral., 21, 763-782.
- Orlando A., Conte A.M., Borrini D., Perinelli C., Gianelli G. & Tassi F. (2010) - Experimental investigation of CO2-rich fluids production in a geothermal area: the Mt Amiata. Chem. Geol., 274, 177-186.
- Perinelli C., Andreozzi G.B., Conte A.M., Oberti R., Armienti P. (2012). Redox state of subcontinental lithospheric mantle and relationships with metasomatism: insights from spinel peridotites from northern Victoria Land (Antarctica). Contrib. Mineral. Petrol., 164, 1053-1067.
- Conte, E. Martorelli, M. Calarco, A. Sposato, C. Perinelli, M. Coltelli, and F. L. Chiocci (2014) The 1891 submarine eruption offshore Pantelleria Island (Sicily Channel, Italy): Identification of the vent and characterization of products and eruptive style. Geochem. Geophys. Geosyst., 15, doi: 10.1002/2014GC005238.