Padua Territorial Unit
The Padua Territorial Unit of IGG is hosted by the Department of Geosciences of the University of Padua. The roots of the Department of Geosciences date back in 1734, when a course of Special Natural History was established to teach geo-mineralogic subjects, including palaeontology. In 2012 the Department of Geosciences left the old and historic site of Palazzo Cavalli, and moved in its new building of via Gradenigo 6.
The Department, with about 75 staff, 30 PhD students and 25grants students, offers a wide range of courses in basic and applied geosciences (mineralogy, petrology, geochemistry, volcanology, petrology, palaeontology, sedimentology and stratigraphy, palaeoclimatology, geophysics, structural geology and tectonics, physical geography and geomorphology, applied geology), and is well equipped with several laboratories (mineral separation, sample and thin section preparation for mineralogic, petrologic and sedimentologic analyses, x-ray spectrometry, single crystal diffractometric analysis; optical and scanning electron microscopy (SEM), Geophysics and electronics, x-ray tomography, thermochronology, scientific imaging) that are complemented by the CNR laboratories (microprobe analysis, geochemistry, geochronology, geothermal properties).
Dr. Sandra Donnici (Responsable)
- Phone: 049 82 79146
- email: sandra.donnici(at)igg.cnr(dot)it
Cristina Sottocornola (Secretary/Administrations)
- Phone: +39 049 8289167
- email: cristina.sottocornola(at)igg.cnr(dot)it
Mail Address: IGG - Sede Secondaria di Padua, Via G. Gradenigo, 6 - 35131 Padua
FAX: +39 049 8279134